Monday, January 26, 2009

Why do i Ride??

My bike has been my companion, a true best friend and deserves a special blog dedicated to it. Otherwise my blogbook would be so damn incomplete. Actually this is the least I can do to show my love to it, since am broke and reallly cant spend. I had learnt to ride a bike, thanks to my uncle who owned a Hero-honda cd 100 back 8 years ago. Thank GOD that I was a little boy then who did not know of words like "insult" self-respect". Values such as you should not touch things which you cant afford etc. where later developed, again obliging the middle-class Indian. Nevertheless, these values tend to save your face,atleast I wont like to be mocked at as a fuktya...No way. So, here I was getting scolded at by my other uncles about how I could actually fall (and) spoil the bike, LOL! Now you know what I mean!! But the urge was in me, may be transferred through my DAD who had a tough upbringing, a self-made man. I still remmber the hero-honda sleek posters in our aluminium cupboard on the side of his clothes. The first gear on that cd-100 felt like the adrenaline rus h you get when you know, THis is goin to be awesome!"" with a grin on my face, butterflies in my stomach, jittery little hands and a sweaty forehead(coz of the tension of performance, will i fall off)!!! And lo!!!! i was flying, No gliding!!!what was happening at that moment; on that beautiful country road ; a bright sunny day was something that felt close to an orgasM! pure blisss...It was an act i wanted to perform, Remanded by the crippling family members, I knew this is what I want to do, THis is the reason I want to grow taller!!!!I rode second,third and automatically the 4th gear followed. So did the screams from my spirit, that was free flying out of this cage, free from all the shackels, all the benevolence and the remanding. IT feels so damn good to break all the rules and follow your heart!! Slowly a grin spread across the face of my uncle who had now successfully imparted the knowledge. A sage like glow of contentedness was visible. Its like giving a treat in a 5-star to a slumdog! just imaginne his joy and yours cause you had the power, a power to provide!! THis power helped you to help others. It makes you feel special, the chosen one. Imparting knowledge is one of the most sacred acts in mankind, so the respect towards teachers!

I was progressing towards adulthood, the want of having a vehicle become the need of the hour. After whining to buy a bike for like 3 years, my dreams cam true in TYBMS. I was a st.Andrews student, So going to college from thane-bandra was the idea. THe most powerful bike then was the pulsar 180. I approached the local bike dealer, instead of goin to the probiking showroom, booked a black 180. After a couple of days the dealer calls up and says,"Yaar nayi 180 aaayi hai, full digital hai(again first of its kind for the whole year then) ek dum dhamakedaar hai, woh wali uthaoo???"" I thought, called up dad told him that this is all new and is just 3k more...Convinced him, called the dealer, asked him to book it. THe bike came to his showroom along with another friend of mine who booked it at the same time. So these were the 2 brand new 180's first of their kind in thane. They got a movie star like treatment, dealer had a small shop, it was jam packed with visitors, traffic jam on the road etc.!!! it was amazing man!!2 black ferocious lookin bikes. I rode it home. My joy new no bounds!! mY bike was here, again same response in the colony, childern started running behind the bike, innocent statemtns like"Aila dhoom wali bike hai na" "kya st hai na" followed....that was cool. felt like owning a superbike.

Rides where an eventually followed to the purchase of the bike. The first ride to lonavla(110 kms-one way),pune(157kms -one way) then kashid(160kms), velneshwar(460kms-one way), Shirdi(450kms-one way),went to alibaug then a couple of times. Recent was hampi in karnataka(750kms-one way)....AWesome. I live to ride...

No comments: